We are hiring - Web Developer
The Smiling Hippo is hiring and is looking for awesomeness incarnate!
The candidate (that's you) should challenge Jack Bauer in results, drink like a fish, and write code in the forms of 3D holograms while levitating upside down over the PC / Mac (you will be required to bring your own Mac :) ).
Reporting to the Head of Development, you will join our team of web developers and take responsibility for executing the creative vision on projects that reach hundreds of thousands of users.
Whether you are implementing inspirational design concepts, building back-end infrastructure for web or mobile applications or keeping up to date with emerging trends, this is an exciting opportunity to work with a team of highly acrobatic alcoholic agents helping to take your skills to the next level.
You will be developing cutting edge solutions for both web and mobile sites using the latest technologies.
Your elite training should include:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in similar position
- Knowledge of Laravel, Angular JS, Ruby-on-Rails, React and SVG Animation will be a huge plus!
- Thorough understanding of what the term "mobile friendly" entails
- Thorough understanding of accessibility and W3C standards
- Familiarity with SQL relational database design, language and concepts (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL etc)
- Disappear in a puff of smoke when needed
- You must be a fast learner and adaptable to change
- Although usually wandering the wilderness alone, you must rise to the occasion of being a team player with good self-organization and communication skills.
- You must be able to speak (preferably in sentences)
- Also you should possess good written language skills (you know for client communication and documentation and stuff)
- You must present a portfolio of recent development work and a clear indication of your involvement in each project
- Good understanding of Digital Marketing Principles
- English is also a must - not all of us speak ninja!
We offer competitive salary plus bonuses!
Make sure when apply to include in your introduction letter or CV from the scale 1-10 (1 being no knowledge at all & 10 being a Guru) your self-evaluation on the following set of skills: